4 SAI-AIS-CKPT-B.02.02 AIS Specification
Application Interface Specification
(b) ensure that installation of your Modified Version does not prevent the user installing or running the Standard Version. In addition, the
Modified Version must bear a name that is different from the name of the Standard Version.
(c) allow anyone who receives a copy of the Modified Version to make the Source form of the Modified Version available to others under
(i) the Original License or
(ii) a license that permits the licensee to freely copy, modify and redistribute the Modified Version using the same licensing terms that
apply to the copy that the licensee received, and requires that the Source form of the Modified Version, and of any works derived from it, be
made freely available in that license fees are prohibited but Distributor Fees are allowed.
Distribution of Compiled Forms of the Standard Version or Modified Versions without the Source
(5) You may Distribute Compiled forms of the Standard Version without the Source, provided that you include complete instructions on how to
get the Source of the Standard Version. Such instructions must be valid at the time of your distribution. If these instructions, at any time while
you are carrying out such distribution, become invalid, you must provide new instructions on demand or cease further distribution.
If you provide valid instructions or cease distribution within thirty days after you become aware that the instructions are invalid, then you do not
forfeit any of your rights under this license.
(6) You may Distribute a Modified Version in Compiled form without the Source, provided that you comply with Section 4 with respect to the
Source of the Modified Version.
Aggregating or Linking the Package
(7) You may aggregate the Package (either the Standard Version or Modified Version) with other packages and Distribute the resulting
aggregation provided that you do not charge a licensing fee for the Package. Distributor Fees are permitted, and licensing fees for other
components in the aggregation are permitted. The terms of this license apply to the use and Distribution of the Standard or Modified Versions as
included in the aggregation.
(8) You are permitted to link Modified and Standard Versions with other works, to embed the Package in a larger work of your own, or to build
stand-alone binary or bytecode versions of applications that include the Package, and Distribute the result without restriction, provided the
result does not expose a direct interface to the Package.
Items That are Not Considered Part of a Modified Version
(9) Works (including, but not limited to, modules and scripts) that merely extend or make use of the Package, do not, by themselves, cause the
Package to be a Modified Version. In addition, such works are not considered parts of the Package itself, and are not subject to the terms of this
(10) Any use, modification, and distribution of the Standard or Modified Versions is governed by this Artistic License. By using, modifying or
distributing the Package, you accept this license. Do not use, modify, or distribute the Package, if you do not accept this license.
(11) If your Modified Version has been derived from a Modified Version made by someone other than you, you are nevertheless required to
ensure that your Modified Version complies with the requirements of this license.
(12) This license does not grant you the right to use any trademark, service mark, tradename, or logo of the Copyright Holder.
(13) This license includes the non-exclusive, worldwide, free-of-charge patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import and
otherwise transfer the Package with respect to any patent claims licensable by the Copyright Holder that are necessarily infringed by the
Package. If you institute patent litigation (including a cross-claim or counterclaim) against any party alleging that the Package constitutes direct
or contributory patent infringement, then this Artistic License to you shall terminate on the date that such litigation is filed.
(14) Disclaimer of Warranty:
THE PACKAGE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED WARRANTIES. THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-
INFRINGEMENT ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY YOUR LOCAL LAW. UNLESS REQUIRED BY LAW, NO
COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTOR WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THE PACKAGE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.